Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Future's So Bright, I Got To Wear Shades, Vol. 2

*I wrote this post in about 15 minutes with no editing.  The Panera I was in closed as I finished my first draft and had to post without proofreading.  I just re-read it for the first time since writing it and am kind of embarrassed.  I apologize for all of the errors, uh, I mean don't judge me . . . . 

Well, this is fucking sad.  I am sitting in a Panera Bread writing this post because it seems to be the only place that I can get reliable fucking internet service.  Like Joni Mitchell always said, "you don't know what you got until it is gone." And let me tell you, not having internet isn't worth a shit.  I have proudly claimed to be immune from addiction, but I can't say that anymore.  I went through internet withdrawal and I am happy, naw fuck that, ECSTATIC to have access now.  If you don't follow me on twitter, I haven't been able to post due to a lack of internet on my travels.  I love to travel, but sometimes the small hassles turn in to big fucking problems.  So I guess what I am trying to say is, I am sorry for the lack of posts this week and this one is going to be a little rushed.  What can you do?  Blame shitty internet providers . . . but Spring practice is in full swing and I have been m.i.a.  Guess I better quite wasting time. 

Tweet of the Day
John Henson
Yessir we back in this thang!!!!!!! Lol RT @: Well, I can break my silence it appears: Henson and Zeller will be returning fans!
Mary Troutman
by Lezz_McDonald2
@ before the rim broke. all that's missing is the fresh fade...what happened to that anyways?? :)
 



 
Read of the Day
In terms of NFL-style Talent, North Carolina is New Number 1. You know you are doing it big and making some noise when Rick Gosselin of Dallas Morning News is writing about our football program in Texas !  In you don't know the deal, it is a hyperlink if the text is (as close as I can get it to) Carolina Blue.

Practice, We Talking About Practice


Damn Right! We talkin' 'bout practice.  Spring Practice!

Offensive Line.  The best news to come out of spring practice is the performance of the o-line.  We all know about the D-line. The D-line is nasty and its only getting better.  Coples is a first team All-American, DPM is the number one ranked NFL DE prospect of his class (though this is probably the last year we will have his services before he graduates to the NFL), and the DT spot is borderline ridiculous.  Sylvester Williams is as good if not better than advertised.  Marvin Austin says he is the same kind of player he is and that is saying something.  Our two-deep has multiple NFL prospects.  Sick! Obviously, the D-line has been a position-group of strength for a couple of years now, so we expected the O-line to get handled.  Well, not anymore my friends!  Check this out.

If you are missing my point, you need to get your IQ evaluated, but I'll play Captain Obvious.  We have an NFL size O-line.  Those are some big boys with game day experience going against arguably one of the best defensive front fours in the country day in and day out, getting better and better.

Word out of practice is that the battle in the trenches teeters back and forth.  It is no longer dominated by the D-line.  Hurst is a future first round pick and Jonathan Cooper is an pre-season Honorable Mention All American.  Football games are won in the trenches and we are stacked on both sides of the ball.  Reportedly, a fight broke out in practice yesterday between the two positions groups.  Finding out about that made me smile.  Why?  (1) No one was hurt.  (2) Already knew the D-line had a nastiness to it.  (Did you DPM in the Music City Bowl?  If you didn't, you are not a good Tar Heel and need to educate yourself.)  Now, we know the O-line does too.  

Quarterbacks.  We all know that Renner is the starting quarterback.  However, when Coach Davis is in charge, every position is up for grabs and must be won with your play on the field.  Competition makes you better.  Apparently, Braden Hanson went from maybe walking away from football to providing Renner with some real competition.  Remember what Yates did with Renner pushing him . . . .  Yeah.  While he will make some mistakes and try to fit the ball into some tight windows, the Bomber (Renner) is going to go HAM this year.  I predict that Dwight Jones will break some records!

Wide Receiver.  Speaking of Dwight Jones.  WR is our deepest position and a new face is emerging from Spring Practice.  Sean Tapley is apparently making waves and has drawn comparisons to Reggie Wayne.  I can't say anymore than that.  Wish I could, but thats all of got and it is enough to make me pee myself a little.  Just a little . . . .  

Runningback.  RB was a position of concern for me, but those concerns have been alleviated to a degree.  Rhyno is looking good and working on catching the ball out of the back field.  He is our only known commodity and that is what is concerning.  The news out of Spring camp is that Hunter Furr is fast as shit.  If he gets it in space and doesn't have to make more than one cut, he can take it to the house.  That is good news if we can consistently get him in the flats.  As far as Gio is concerned, he has not participated in any contact drills.  You know, better safe than sorry with his knee rehab.  However reportedly, he is a "different kind of back."  I asked for an explanation and all my boy could say was, he has "IT" capital I capital T if he can stay healthy.  You just never know which way his going to go and, when he goes, he is gone.  Do work Coach Mylo and UNC Trainers, do work!

Safety.  Tre Boston is making a smooth transition is going to be a big time player for us.  Word is that his added size has increased the level of the BOOM! that he delivers.


Its fun to be a Tar Heel!  The Spring Scrimmage is Saturday and I can't wait to see it.  Tailgating in April?  Hell yeah!  Sign me up!!!

Finally,  Larry Who? 


Ha!  
UCLA = Unwanted Carolina Left Overs?
If you have something better email or tweet me, I'd love to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment