Sunday, May 15, 2011

Aircraft Carrier Game to be Televised by ESPN

Tweet of the Day

SportsCenter
ESPN will televise MichSt vs UNC from the deck of a U.S. military aircraft carrier
ESPN to Televis Hoops Game 
from Deck of U.S. Aircraft Carrier
Per ESPN:
ESPN has reached an agreement with the Morale Entertainment Foundation to televise Michigan State vs. North Carolina in the Carrier Classic 11-11-11, the first men's college basketball game to be played on the deck of a United States military aircraft carrier, on Friday, Nov. 11, at 7 p.m. ET. The United States military ship to host the unique Veteran's Day event honoring the men and women in the armed forces is to be determined but will be positioned in the San Diego harbor.
North Carolina Coach Roy Williams said, “It is an honor for Carolina Basketball to play in such a unique game that will benefit and salute the United States’ armed forces. We thank the U.S. Navy for presenting us with this remarkable opportunity. The look on our players’ faces when I told them they would be playing outdoors on the deck of an aircraft carrier was priceless. The experience will create for them a lifetime of memories. Even more important is the chance to combine the start of the college basketball season with saluting and thanking our military personnel for all they do to allow us to safely live and play each day in the United States of America.”


Cool pic but the colors are all wrong. First MSU fans will have nothing to cheer for. Second, RED?



While only military personnel and blank check writing boosters will be able to see it live and in person, we will be able to catch it on ESPN.  Question:  What is the most likely scenario that will result in me being able to attend the game? (1) Win a Mega Millions lottery, (2) Enlist in the military, or (3) Become a member of the UNC basketball staff.

The odds of winning the North Carolina Mega Millions is 1 in 175,711,356.  Believe it or not, I think this represents my best chance.  Now the question is, would I give up the winning ticket for access to the game?  No, but I am a tax attorney and I would plan an effective strategy that would make me a wealthy man on the deck of the aircraft carrier.  Understanding how to tax plan is a useful skill!  As for the enlisting in the military option, despite my ability to enter Officer's school/training immediately, I doubt I can garner enough seniority to gain admission.  Even if I could, I wouldn't.  I have too much respect for the service men and women to cut them in line, unless they are Michigan State fans . . . .  Finally, I know basketball staff members and a coach and I still can't even shag balls at a shoot around or get into watch the legendary summer pick up games, so what makes you think I could become a member of the staff.   If I could, it would have already happened.

Oh well.  At least there will be ESPN coverage.  I only hope that they don't let Dookie V call it.  Give me Bill Raftery, Jay Bilas, and Sean McDonough.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment