Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Apologies

Work hasn't left me with enough time to write a reasonable post.  I will figure out how to balance my schedule and will be back to posting soon.  So in the meantime, accept my apology and three things for Saturday.

1.  The Shotgun.  Renner is much more effective and comfortable out the shotgun.  Why?  Renner played out of the gun in high school and it gives him more time to see the defense (because he doesn't have to turn his back to D like he does under center on play action).

2.  Our Defensive Front Four.  Not three.  Front four putting pressure on Glennon on third down.  Give Glennon time and he will make a throw.  His receiver might not catch it, but he will find an open receiver.  We need to give Mike "Giraffe Neck" Glennon whiplash.  Seriously, bet you can't guess which one is Glennon?  

Is this Mike Glennon?
Or this?











 Sidenote:  I really wish I had photoshop!

3.  Special Teams.  I know, I know.  It is not the first time I have mentioned this, but it continues to be an issue and it is really frustrating to watch our kickoffs limp through the air to be received outside the ten yard line.  Our coverage team is good, but we give up too much field position because of where the ball is fielded.  Todd Graham is a dangerous return man and could make a big play this weekend. 

1 comment: