Thursday, March 10, 2011

ACCTournitis

Its official.  I've got ACCTournitis.  Not going to be able to make it to work today.  Last year, we were playing on Thursday and I wasn't feeling good about our chances.  I went any way, bought the t-shirt, and got heckled by some of our fans because I wouldn't sit down . . . .  Yeah.  That happened.

What a difference a year makes.  Today, my biggest concern is getting my skinny-fat run in before the games start.  Skinny-fat?  What is skinny-fat?  Skinny-fat is when you aren't fat, but you aren't skinny either.  I used to run 3-5 miles a day, but I fell out of my routine after an injury.  Since that time, I have gained approximately twenty pounds of pudge.  Now, I'm not fat, but I'm not where I want to be.  I am skinny-fat.

Since the Heels aren't playing today. You know.  Because we have a bye.  Because we have the number one seed.  Because we won the ACC Regular Season Championship . . . OUTRIGHT!  As I was saying, since the Heels aren't playing today, I thought I would post some Tar Heel videos from the ACC Tournament to whet your appetite.  But first,

Tweet of the Day

Black Falcon 4.0

Entertaining a visit from @ in the dorm...
Good Read of the Day
Best part is the Stars on Display section.  Spoiler Alert - It is dominated by Tar Heels!

Lets Go To the Video Tape

(6) Clemson vs. (3) UNC 
March 8, 1996

SICK!!! Vince Carter In Bound Alley-Oop Dunk

(4) Virginia Tech vs. (1) UNC
March 15, 2008

Tyler Hansbrough Game Winner

(4) UNC vs. (2) dook
March 12, 1989
Long video.  If you are impatient, check out the last two minutes.

UNC beat dook to win the ACCT, ending a 6 yrs ACC Tournament Championship drought 
and avenging a loss to dook in the 1988 ACCT Final.

(10) NCSU vs. (1) UNC
March 11, 2007

Tar Heels win first ACCT since 1999
with the exclamation point from Ty Lawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment