Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good vs. Evil

 Happy
St. Patrick's Day

 Tweet of the Day

Jay Bilas
Digger said Jimmer Fredette is "on a mission." If he's on a mission, you can't pick BYU for two years. They should tell us that in advance.
Good vs. Evil
Case No. 1
I see the world through Carolina blue colored lenses and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!  Knowing this, I was reading a column by Pat Forde on ESPN.com titled Dream and nightmare scenarios.  In the article, Ford writes up a best case and worst case for each team in the NCAAT.  I found it mildly amusing until I got to the Carolina section.  Now, lets play a game.  All you need to do is identify which section (best/worst) the line was pulled from regarding Kendall Marshall.
(1) " . . . somehow continues to evade being called for carrying the basketball."
(2) " . . . including three calls for carrying the basketball by non-ACC refs who apparently didn't know that it was forbidden to call it on the kid."
Yeah.  Its not a very hard game.  Maybe I should have mixed them up, but that was more effort than I was willing to invest.  Select, copy, AND paste is where I draw the line.  Obviously, you can figure out from the context that the first is the best case and the second is the worst case.  My point . . . .  Why is Pat Ford talking shit about Butter.  What the fuck!  I literally got smacked in the arm by my girlfriend after reading that because I blurted out "fuck you" in the middle of her telling me about her day as I was half paying attention.

Enraged, I decided to immediately read the dook section.  "Uh huh, yeah babe.  I'm paying attention.  She was being confrontational.  Go ahead with your story."  Same game as before, now with dook.
(1) "[A]ll key block/charge calls go Duke's way, no matter how sketchy. (See: Scheyer, Jon, vs. Hayward, Gordon, 2010.)"
(2) "Tennessee gets an even whistle in the game, which infuriates the Duke faithful."
Hilarious, right?  Its funny cause its true.  Really funny!

Now the trouble with the written word is that it is impossible to accurately convey sarcasm without saying "sarcastically," "kidding," or including some effeminate ;) at the end and I could see where some might be wondering if I am being sarcastic and where.  Well, I am not being sarcastic.  Kendall doesn't carry and dook does cheat, uh I mean, "sell the call."  I couldn't figure out why Ford would make such a statement against Marshall.  This bothered me and it bothered me for a while until I figured it out.  It was a lame attempt at humor and damage control.  Ford called out dook in a very real way, but had to go tit-for-tat with UNC.  It is the nature of things when you work for the Mothership.  The criticism of dook forced Ford to compromise his integrity as an analyst in the name of bull shit "fairness."  Whatever.  Pat Ford, I forgive you . . . this time.  Next time . . . .

Case No. 2
How could Singler say that?
One of the most interesting things that came out of Roy's press conference yesterday was confirmation that Dex has been playing hurt.  Dex's injury has been rumored for a while.  Yesterday, Roy confirmed that Dex hurt his knee during the FSU game.  Dex declined season ending surgery and has been playing through significant pain to help this team win. That is being a team player and really shows how this team is selfless and cares about one another.  Bottom line, Dex is the man!

On a side note, Singler called Roy a liar when he heard the press conference.  What a dick! How could he say that? 

The other interesting news that has come out is that Kyrie Irving may play tomorrow.  After being shut down after only eight games, Kyrie is set to return.  Team first?  HELL NO!  Coach K being a douche?  HELL YEAH! 

Coach K is selfish and should never be able to say he puts his players interests first.  Irving is the projected number one pick in the NBA draft.  How can he hurt his value?  Play poorly in the NCAAT, probably not.  He hasn't played in a while so he will be granted some latitude.  So where is the risk?  If he re-injures that toe, Irving will cost himself millions.  He suffered a turf toe injury that can only heal with proper rest.  Come back too soon and you inflame the problem.  How much money could this cost Irving?  Hard to say.  However, the difference between the total value of a 1st overall pick rookie 3 yr contract and a 10th overall pick rookie contract is almost $8 mil.  Why would Coach K ask Kyrie Irving to potentially risk that kind of money if it wasn't for K and dook's best interest.  Don't hand me that bull shit about Irving being a competitor.  If K really had Irving's best interest a heart, K would have taken the decision away from Irving by shutting him down for the season and foreclosing his option to return.  Coach K is a selfish dick.  Just ask Singler next year when he is cut and doesn't have the guaranteed contract he would have received had he gone pro last year and instead opted to return because of K's advise to come back to feature his skills at the three.  (Love it!  That is a solid run-on.  You know how I love my run-on sentences.)  That really worked out well and in Singler's best interest.  FAIL.

Whats the difference between Dex playing hurt and Irving coming back?  Dex isn't going pro this year and he isn't putting $8 mil at risk by playing.  Did Roy ask Ed Davis to suit up for the NIT Championship?  I know, not the best example, but it still illustrates my point.  Roy puts his players best interests before those of himself and the program.  K doesn't.  Period.  Still don't believe me.  Ask William Avery's mother, Terry Simonton. "Coach K is selfish.  He wants what's best for him.  He says it's for the players.  It's not."  Read the article.  Not much has changed in ten years.   

When you go play for Coach K, you sell your soul to the devil. 

You see what I did there?  I took two seemingly identical situations and distinguished them, eliminated my hypocrisy.  You know what that is called?

"Boom!  Lawyered!"

Initial Spring Defensive 2-Deep
Got some questions answered yesterday with the release of the Spring depth chart.
You like that?  I made it. (Currently patting myself on the back)

Delvon Simmons Released
I already have one post on the Delvon Simmons situation.  Yesterday, it was announced that he will be released from his LOI.  The entire situation reeks!  If you aren't familiar, I recommend you read my original post linked above.  I do have one update.  Texas Tech recently offered a 2012 McKeesport player, TJ Neal.  Neal is a middle linebacker and fullback that is barely being recruited, much less nationally from schools in talent rich Texas.  When I say barely being recruited, he doesn't even have a Rivals profile page for me to link.  Why is this an update?  If you were on the Texas Tech coaching staff and worried about having to explain the calls to McKeesport, PA in your phone records prior to Simmons' release, what would you do?  I know what I would do.  Fabricate a reason for the calls by offering another McKeesport player.  Yeah, just a lil' suspect.  As for Simmons,  

No comments:

Post a Comment