Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Don't like My Girls in Sneakers, Prefer TarrrrHeels

UNC Clef Hangers "Blue and White"
(black and yellow remix)



"To all the folks out there, that haven't got a clue, just know the sky's the limit.  Carolina Blue"

Tweet of the Day
Tar Heel Monthly
Uh-oh: Marquette guard is Wakefield (Raleigh) product, calls playing a "life story."

No More HATE 4 Christian Laettner
Just Very, Very Strong Dislike

Christian Laettner, a douche's douche
I have ALWAYS HATED Christian Laettner.  And I mean, H-A-T-E!!!  Beyond the Carolina-dook dynamic, I have had a couple of opportunities to meet him.  Not like at a bar or socially, but at events like the ACC Tournament or a charity basketball game.   Laettner always came off as, oh how should I say this, a pretentious douche that even pretentious douches think is a pretentious douche.  Well, as of today, I no longer hate him.  I merely dislike him . . .  very, very strongly. 

I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show today and Dan Patrick drops this question on Laettner,
With your [basketball] academy, do you teach the kids how to fake charges, how to take fake a charge?
His response was very solid. With a light laugh, he said,
No. I don't because I hate that. 
Then he went on to talk about the Charge Award (What am I doing? That shouldn't be capitalized!) charge award (Yeah.  That's better.) at dook, which is a team award given to the player that takes the most charges.  Blah, blah, blah.  Hate, hate, hate.  I expect such things from K.  Next, he advocated for the charge circle in college basketball, which wasn't enough to alleviate the hate, but a step in the right direction.  But then, the tide changed. With what he said next, if Laettner isn't careful, he will never be allowed back in Hansbrough Indoor. 
They give them those calls at dook.  But once they get to the ACC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament, they get less and less charges. 
Well first of all, WHALES VAGINA.  If you read my blog, I would hope most of you get this reference, but just in case:


Second, Laettner must have been too busy to watch the 2011 ACCT Championship game.  And FUCK Karl Hess!  Let me remind you!


Best Thing Said By An Announcer in 2011: "Was there contract?"  
I think we all know the answer to that one. 

Sorry.  Its hard to stop hating after decades of loathing.  Just like anyone with an addiction issue, the first step is admitting you have a problem.  He admitted hating the fake charges.  The next step is forgiveness. Well Christian, I'm waiting . . . .

If nothing else, one in seven dookies just responded in dismay to Laettner's comments about dook getting the b.s. calls.  You have to love the language.  "Give them those calls at dook."  Love it.  The other six dookies don't even know enough about basketball to know what a traveling violation is, much less a real charge.

Duck Fook, but I no longer hate Christian Laettner.  I just really, really dislike him.

Looking At the Rest of the Bracket

Yesterday, I talked about Marquette.  If you missed it, check it out.  Last night, I was cruising ESPN and I came across this article from Andy Katz, Golden Eagles take advantage of matchups.  Check out what Katz had to say:
The Golden Eagles' toughness has defined Williams' tenure at Marquette. And if they beat North Carolina, it will be because Marquette won the 50-50 plays and competed on the offensive backboard. Johnson-Odom loves to bring up the fact that this is a collection of a number of junior college players who aren't expected to be in this position. 
All I have to say is, great minds.  Great minds.

Looking at the rest of the bracket, it makes me sad.  Its not the fact that I missed the perfect Sweet 16.  Its not the fact that my bracket is currently ranked in 47.8% nationwide.  In my defense, I am 90% with 62 pts in ESPN's Round by Round Pick'em.

First reason I am sad is because I think that dook will make it to the Final Four.  I didn't have a lot of faith in UConn to start the Tourney because, historically, a team that plays four or more games in the Big East Tournament doesn't make it out of the first weekend of the Big Dance.  Now, UConn is my second favorite team in the Tourney.  SDSU doesn't have a chance against dook.  They will get buzz sawed if that ends up being the match up in the Elite Eight.  Kemba Walker, on the other hand, can get it done.  He will get the calls against dook's "I dare you to call every foul" . . . I mean aggressive ball pressure defense.  Duck Fook!  GO UConn!!!

For the record, I am not scared of dook in the Final Four.  I just don't want dook to have any success, much less another Final Four appearance.  

The second reason I am sad is because Kansas has an easy road to the Final Four as well.  There is just something about Kansas that Roy trips over.  If we make it to the Championship game, I don't want to play Kansas.  Period!

My Sweet 16 Picks




#3 Connecticut (26-9) vs.
#2 San Diego State (32-2)





#3 Brigham Young (30-4) vs.
#2 Florida (26-7) 




#5 Arizona (27-7) vs.
#1 Duke (30-4) 




#8 Butler (23-9) vs.
#4 Wisconsin (23-8)




#11 Marquette (20-14) vs.
#2 North Carolina (26-7) 




#12 Richmond (27-7) vs.
#1 Kansas (32-2) 





#4 Kentucky (25-8) vs.
#1 Ohio State (32-2) 





#11 Virginia Commonwealth (24-11) vs.
#10 Florida State (21-10) 


That's right.  Straight chalk, except UConn.

No comments:

Post a Comment